V o t e d B e s t D a n c e S t u d i o !
C e l e b r a t i n g 3 7 Y e a r s !
Dear Parents and Students,
The following is a list of information to refer to in preparation for our recitals to be held June 22nd, 23RD, 24TH and
June 25TH at the Palisades Senior High School, 35 Church Hill Rd., Kintnersville.
Please check the programs posted in each studio to see which recital(s) your child will be performing in.
All shows and rehearsals will be held at Palisades Senior High School.
SHOW 1: NAME: “CITY LIGHTS”
DATE: THURSDAY, JUNE 22ND
CURTAIN TIME: 6:00 P.M. (STUDENTS COME AT 5:30 P.M.)
DRESS REHEARSAL: SATURDAY, JUNE 17TH AT 12 P.M. NOON
(FULL COSTUME AND MAKEUP)
SHOW 2: NAME: “DISCO MANIA”
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD
CURTAIN TIME: 6:00 P.M. (STUDENTS COME AT 5:30 A.M.)
DRESS REHEARSAL: SATURDAY, JUNE 17TH AT 4:30 P.M.
(FULL COSTUME AND MAKEUP)
DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH
CURTAIN TIME 12:00 P.M. (STUDENTS COME AT 11:30)
DRESS REHEARSAL: MONDAY, JUNE 19TH AT 4:00 P.M.
(FULL COSTUME AND MAKEUP)
SHOW 4: NAME: “CALENDAR GIRL”
DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH
CURTAIN TIME: 6:00 P.M. (STUDENTS COME AT 5:30)
DRESS REHEARSAL: TUESDAY, JUNE 20TH AT 4:00 P.M
(FULL COSTUME AND MAKEUP)
SHOW 5: NAME: “MEMORIES AND NEW BEGINNINGS”
DATE: SUNDAY, JUNE 25TH
CURTAIN TIME: 12:00 P.M. ( STUDENTS COME AT 11:30)
DRESS REHEARSAL: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21ST AT 4:00 P.M. (FULL COSTUME AND MAKEUP)
DRESS REHEARSAL RULES
1. Only ONE parent per student will be permitted to attend dress rehearsal.
2. Photos and videos may ONLY be taken at dress rehearsal. No cameras or photos taken on cell phones are permitted at the recital.
3. Please be prompt.
4. We will start with the finale, which all students must participate in. After the finale, your child is permitted to sit with you in the audience, rehearsal night only, to watch the show. Five acts before your number, you must report to the student area. After the finale, we will carry on with act one, and proceed through to the end of the show. After we rehearse your child's act, we ask that you please leave the rehearsal to lessen the confusion. ***Please note: All students report to the student area the day of the show, NOT THE AUDIENCE.***
5. No gum, no nail polish, no jewelry, NO UNDERWEAR with costumes. Please remove all jewelry for safety and lighting reasons. All jewelry will be collected backstage when worn at the rehearsal and recital and could risk getting lost. Backstage staff is not responsible for any lost items.
6. No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium or backstage. This will help to keep the school beautiful if we all abide by this rule.
7. No smoking is permitted on any of the school grounds.
8. Names should be written in all costumes and shoes.
9. All belongings must be taken home after the rehearsal and recital.
10. During the rehearsals tables will be set up outside the auditorium with food. You may eat in the lobby area only. We are fortunate to have this beautiful new high school. Please help us to keep it clean by putting trash in the proper containers.
11. ALL CHILDREN MUST ATTEND THE DRESS REHEARSAL IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RECITAL. NO EXCEPTIONS!
1. All students must report to the dressing room area ½ hour before show time.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO CAMERAS OR VIDEOS will be permitted in the school. Anyone seen with a camera or video will be asked by security to leave school property. This rule must be strongly enforced so a flash upsets no child or no person's view is obstructed by someone standing. Please be considerate of people watching the recitals.
3. No gum, jewelry, nail polish, NO UNDERWEAR with costumes. Jewelry will be removed for the recital.
4. No smoking is permitted on any of the school grounds or in the dressing areas.
5. No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium. Concession stand is open for light snacks only.
6. All students must be brought into the dressing room in full costume, with make-up on and hair done.
7. No students in costumes are allowed in the audience unless they are completely covered up.
8. No audience member may leave his or her seat while someone is performing. Please wait until the act is over. This is to show respect for the child performing. Thank You!
9. Your child is asked to remain for the entire show. We ask that everyone stay until the finale so every child feels special with a full audience. The recitals are approximately 2 hours long. IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL B.S.E. MUST STAY UNTIL THE END.
10. Following the finale, all children must be picked up in the student dressing area.
11. There will be volunteer baby-sitters provided in the dressing area for the children.
12. Make-up should be applied to your child: foundation, heavy blush, red lipstick (or pink for little children), eye shadow, and mascara. This is needed because the bright lights have a tendency to make the children look very pale.
13. Relax and enjoy the show.
Please keep in mind that all rehearsal and recital rules are Miss Cindy's. Please follow them. Please be kind and considerate to all the volunteers helping with the recitals. They are enforcing the rules made by Miss Cindy. This is a fun and memorable event for your child. All the children worked hard towards this day so let's make it a day they will truly enjoy. Thank You!
MISCELLANEOUS RECITAL INFORMATION
DVDs will be sold for $30.00 each and should be ordered now using the attached order form.
CARNATIONS can be pre-ordered using the attached order form. They will be available for pick-up at the recitals. You will receive 3 beautiful carnations with baby's breath in a bouquet for $5.00.
Please be sure to order yours early.
***PARENTS willing to help at recitals or dress rehearsals, please sign the sheets posted in the studios and you will be contacted. We need parents to help in the babysitting room. Parents who volunteer in the babysitting room for the duration of one show will be given free registration for next year. You must sign in the day of the show. Only those parents needed will be contacted with the times to report to the school. We also need parents, especially the Broad Street Entertainer parents, to volunteer for ushering and to help in the concession stand. Proceeds from the concession stand benefit the Broad Street Entertainers, the lights and sets for the shows.
TICKET SALES: Tickets may be ordered only only by returning the attached order form. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT PHONE ORDERS. Please return order form with full payment to have your seats reserved. Your tickets will be delivered to your class time. NO ORDERS WILL BE FILLED WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT! Tickets are limited and are reserved by first come first serve basis. Please be sure to order the tickets for the show your child is in. Last year some of our recitals sold out so please be sure to get seats early especially for parents and grandparents. No tickets will be refunded or resold by us. The cost of tickets will be: Child, 11 years and under, $8.00 and Adult $14.00 (if purchased before recital day). If there are seats remaining, door sales will be Child $9.00 and Adult $15.00. Ticket fee is used for the rental fee of the school, janitors, lights and stage help.
ALL TUITION, MAY AND JUNE, MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE YOUR CHILD MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE RECITAL. ALL TUITION FOR THE YEAR IS DUE THE FIRST WEEK IN MAY. NO TICKETS MAY BE ORDERED OR PHOTOS RECEIVED UNTIL TUITION IS PAID IN FULL.
SCHOOL CLOSING – MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND – All studios will be closed THURSDAY, May 25TH, 26TH, 27TH, and 29th . All students should come to their scheduled make-up class. All classes will resume Tuesday, May 30TH .
GOOD LUCK to the Broad Street Entertainers Dancers and Gym Teams at the Memorial Day pageant.
LAST DANCE CLASS for this year will be Friday, June 16th. LAST GYMNASTICS CLASS for this year will be Thursday, June 15th. Any student needing to make-up classes should do so now.
BROAD STREET ENTERTAINERS AUDITION – Auditions are held once a year for the Broad Street Entertainers, our performing company. This is a group that travels, competes, and performs in parades, cruise ships, Disney, and in Wildwood. If you are interested, are 8 years or older, at an intermediate dance level, have good showmanship, and take either jazz or tap, you qualify to audition. Please come on SATURDAY, JUNE 10TH .
9:00-10:00 P.M. – Jazz and tap auditions for those never in company and any new modern students
wishing to be in a competitive modern class.
10:00-11:00 – Former jazz company on TUES. 4:30 I, TUES. 5:30 I, TUES. 7:30 I
11:00-12:00 – Former jazz company on MON. 5 II, WED. 7:30 I, WED. 4:30 III
12:00-1:00 - FORMER JAZZ company on MON. 6 II, MON. 7 II
1:00 –1:30 – Former tap company members re-audition
Wear dance attire and be ready to work! LOCATION – STUDIO II, BROAD STREET, QUAKERTOWN.
ALL FORMER COMPANY MEMBERS MUST RE-AUDITION. DOLLS AND DOLLS ELITE MUST ALSO RE-AUDITION.
NUTCRACKER AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON MAY 13TH FROM 12:30 – 3:00. Girls and boys ages 6 years and up who presently study ballet can audition for a chance to be a performer in the NUTCRACKER. Bring Your Pointe shoes.
The dates for the Nutcracker camps are TUESDAY, JUNE 27th – FRIDAY, JUNE 30TH and MONDAY, JULY 31ST - THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD . Cost is $95.00 per camp and includes all rehearsals at no extra charge.
12:30 P.M. – 1:00 – AGES 6-7 1:00 – 2:00 – AGES 8-10 2:00 – 3:00 AGES 11 AND UP
We have attached enrollment forms for next year. Anyone bringing a new student will receive a free registration but you must return your forms together. Get your forms in early to be sure to get the class of your choice.
**PLEASE CHECK OUT THE SUMMER SCHEDULE FOR EXCITING CLASSES AND CAMPS.
FIVE WEEK SUMMER DANCE SCHEDULE JULY 10 – AUGUST 7
MONDAY STUDIO I & II QUAKERTOWN TUESDAY STUDIO IV PERKASIE
10:00 A.M. TOT CLASS 4:30 MODERN
11:00 PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN 5:30 OLDER HIP HOP
4:30 YOUNG JAZZ/HIP-HOP 6:30 PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN
5:30 PRE-POINTE 7:30 COMBINATION & PROGRESSIONS
7:30 LEAPS AND TURNS 12 YEARS AND UP
FIVE WEEK SUMMER GYMNASTIC SCHEDULE – JULY 10 – AUGUST 7
TUESDAY STUDIO III PERKASIE
5:00 PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN
7:00 NOVICE, INT., LEVEL 1 & 2
PRESCHOOL CAMP – Our preschool camp is for students ages 3-6, and includes arts & crafts, dance, music, and gymnastics, ending with a trip on the third day to see the “ICE PRINCESS” at DeSales University (Allentown College). The cost is $90.00 and includes all crafts, snacks, and show tickets. The camp will be held in Perkasie in Studio III,
JULY 18TH, 19TH AND 20TH from 9 a.m. until noon. A $50.00 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot. If you are interested, return the form and deposit as soon as possible to guarantee a spot.
CAMP OF THE ARTS – WEEK OF JULY 25TH - JULY 28TH – This camp is for students ages 8 & up, and includes all types of dance, gymnastics, modeling, and acting. The cost is $90.00. The camp will be held in Quakertown, Studio II from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. A $50.00 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot. There is limited enrollment for this fun filled camp.
B.S.E. DANCE CONVENTION – AUG. 15TH AND AUG. 16TH – This convention is for B.S.E. members ages 11- 18 and includes 9 hours of intensive dance training with special guest teachers. The convention will be held at the Quakertown studio from 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Cost will be determined at a later date. There is limited enrollment so sign up early.
CARNATION ORDER FORM
YOU WILL RECEIVE 3 CARNATIONS WITH BABY'S BREATH IN A BOUQUET FOR $5.00
ALL ORDERS MUST BE ORDERED AND PRE-PAID BY JUNE 10TH.
# OF BOUQUETS: ________________________
CIRCLE : SHOW 1 , SHOW 2, SHOW 3, SHOW 4, SHOW 5
TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED: _________________
PREPAID RECITAL TICKETS
RESERVED SEATING ONLY
ADULTS $14.00 CHILD $8.00
CHECK # OF ADULT # OF CHILD
SHOW 1 June 22nd @ 6:00 P.M. _________ ___________ __________
SHOW 2 June 23rd @ 6:00 P.M. _________ ___________ __________
SHOW 3 June 24th @ 12:00 P.M. _________ ___________ __________
SHOW 4 June 24th @ 6:00 P.M. __________ ___________ ___________
SHOW 5 June 25th @ 12:00 P.M. __________ ____________ ___________
PRE-PAID AMOUNT ATTACHED $ ____________________
NAME ________________________________________________ PHONE _____________________
CLASS DAY/TIME/STUDIO (ONLY ONE) _________________________________________________
Please let us know if you need a wheelchair accessible seat. Yes _____ No_____
PREPAID RECITAL DVD ORDER FORM $30.00 EACH
SHOW DATE__________________________ SHOW TIME___________________________
QUANTITY___________________________ TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED____________
YOUR NAME____________________________ PHONE________________________________
PLEASE FILL OUT A SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH SHOW. You will be contacted approximately 6 weeks after recital for the time of pick-up of your DVD. ABSOLUTELY NO VIDEO WILL BE ORDERED WITHOUT PAYMENT!
RECITAL 2017 T-SHIRT FORM
ALL B.S.E. MEMBERS HAVE ORDERED AND PAID FOR THEM AT REGISTRATION AND WILL BE WEARING THEM DURING FINALE. OTHER STUDENTS MAY PURCHASE AND WEAR THESE AT FINALE OVER THEIR COSTUMES. All orders must be turned in by MAY 20th with full payment. Please make checks payable to Miss Cindy's School of Dance.
Please check size needed:
Child: Adult SA ______ @ $17.00
X-SMALL ______ @ $17.00 MA ______ @ $17.00
SMALL _______ @ $17.00 LA ______ @ $17.00
MEDIUM _______ @ $17.00 XLA ______ @ $18.00
LARGE _______ @$17.00
NAME: _______________________ CLASS/DAY/TIME/STUDIO __________________________
SIZE: ______________ AMOUNT PAID: __________________
(only prepaid shirts will be ordered
NEW FOR 2017: ADVERTIZING IN ALL 5 RECITAL PROGRAMS IS AVAILABLE. THERE ARE
SEVERAL OPTIONS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR YOUR CHILD. LIMITED
SPACE IS AVAILABLE. ANY STUDENT SELLING 10 ADS WILL RECEIVE 2 FREE
ADULT TICKETS TO A SHOW OF THEIR CHOICE. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO
MISS CINDY'S SCHOOL OF DANCE. ALL ADS ARE DUE BY MAY 24, 2017.
OPTION 1: 2 LINE SPONSOR IS A PERSONAL MESSAGE FOR YOUR CHILD (CHILDREN)
EXAMPLE: GOOD LUCK, SUSIE SMITH
LOVE, GRANDMOM AND GRANDPOP
OPTION 2: 3 LINE SPONSOR FOR A BUSINESS
EXAMPLE: MISS CINDY'S SCHOOL OF DANCE
243 W. BROAD ST. QUAKERTOWN
E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
PERSONAL AD: ______________________________
BUSINESS AD: ________________________________
STUDENTS NAME: ____________________ AMOUNT PAID: _______________